Would you like to see more "Artist Spotlights" like the Nitzer Ebb Spotlight

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Aaliyah - One In A Million


First off, I tried to get a cleaner version from the CD of yesterday's Abbe post but was unable to. I first listened to the CD when I got it and thought that it was a clean rip. (I listened to it a low volume during dinner). After listening to it with headphones on, I found it wasn't a clean rip to begin with. The scratchy sound is actually on the CD. Must have been a used record that is was recorded from. Oh well, things happen.

Today, I'm posting another song that one of my readers sent to me from my request list. Bob sent me the songs from the Aaliyah promo 12" single of "One In A Million". These are great rips and hope you all enjoy this song. Boy these mixes are totally different from the radio single version. Thanks goes out to Bob for the great mixes.

Aaliyah was born Aaliyah Dana Houghton On January 16, 1979 in Brooklyn, New York; moved to and raised in Detroit, Michigan. She starred in the movies Romeo Must Die and Queen Of The Damned. In 1994, she got married to R. Kelly but that marriage was later annulled.

Her life was tragically taken in a plane crash on August 25, 2001. She died at age 22. ;-(

Todays post was the first time that Aaliyah saw one of her songs hit the dance chart, and with these cool remixes you can see why this was such a big dance floor filler.

Taken from the original double disc promo 12" single on Blackground Records
One In A Million (Armand Van Helden Drum N Bass Mix) - 7:09
One In A Million (Nitebreed Mongolodic Mix) - 9:31
One In A Million (Geoffrey Curtis Housemix) - 11:48
Song charted on March 22, 1997. Spent 13 weeks on the chart and reached #2

2 comments:

Anabella said...

Aaliyah is so sweet..I love the way she looks and her voice is so special...It is so sad that

death took her so early on in her life..What a tragedy. I absolutely love song AGE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A NUMBER . Beautiful Song but I just wish she did not leave us at such a young age!

Anabella said...

Aaliyah is so sweet..I love the way she looks and her voice is so special...It is so sad that

death took her so early on in her life..What a tragedy. I absolutely love song AGE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A NUMBER . Beautiful Song but I just wish she did not leave us at such a young age!